Integrations Team Lead
MeiliSearch's mission is to create a best-in-class search experience for every website and application. We are building a blazingly fast and ultra-relevant search engine made in Rust that allows our partners to have a powerful search engine without initial configuration. Features such as typo-tolerance, filters, and synonyms are provided out-of-the-box.
We are fully open source: we strongly believe the best way to realize our vision is to leverage the open source community's power. We already have many integrations and SDKs to allow any developer to try MeiliSearch in their environment quickly. We have a vibrant connection with our community of early adopters and builders. We are in contact every day and eagerly listen to feedback from our contributors.
We raised a 1.5m pre-seed round in May 2020, and are backed by 3 of the best investors in Europe: LocalGlobe, Seedcamp & Kima Ventures. We have already partnered with industry heavyweights like Louis Vuitton and Platform.sh.
We are a team of passionate people and our project is growing fast (+10K GitHub stars in 12 months). In order to manage the team and support strategic decision-making for the Integrations activity, we are looking for a Team Lead.
About the role:
The Integrations team is currently composed of 2 developers, Charlotte and Am?lie, currently managed by Cl?mentine, our Engineering Manager. We are looking for someone to replace her full time as an Integrations Team Lead - don't get us wrong, Cl?mentine is great, and she'll be staying with us a while longer. She will be present during throughout the onboarding of the person replacing her.
The role of the Integrations team is central to the general development of our open-source solution. It owns more than 30 repositories: in addition to the technical challenge of handling diverse issues in multiple languages, this is a logistical challenge that demands a strong sense of organisation, attention to detail and curiosity.
As the Integrations Team Lead, your role is to organize the activities of the team, and to define the rules of community management to ensure no repository or contribution is left aside.
What you will be doing:
As Team Lead for the Integrations, your role will include:
- Giving directions to the team:
- Defining and managing the roadmap,
- Maintaining existing integrations,
- Creating new integrations.
- Managing knowledge and processes for the team (currently centralized in the [integration guide repository](https://github.com/meilisearch/integration-guides) if you want to check them),
- Making sure the team members have what they need to be successful in their jobs, supporting their career evolution (giving feedback, setting objectives for evolution).
- Mentoring the team:
- Sharing your experience as a developer and/or team lead,
- Setting good practices,
- In general, support team members in improving their skills according to the open source processes.
- Managing GitHub contributions of the Integration community,
- Synchronizing with the other teams: Core, Documentation, Developer Relations...
As a MeiliSearch team member, you will also:
- Help in supporting developers use MeiliSearch
- Participate in answering the community's questions in Slack and GitHub
- Participate in API design and everything related to developer experience
Our ideal profile:
Soft skills are a really important part of our requirements in recruitment. They are more important than hard skills. For this role we are looking for someone with these crucial soft skills:
- Empathy is a must, valuing people over performance,
- Pedagogy and the belief that no one knows everything,
- Good at prioritizing tasks and taking a step back to see the bigger picture,
- Ability to multi-task,
- A strong sense of curiosity and a capacity of learning several languages in order to manage the Integrations repositories.
We are also looking for someone with these important hard skills:
- Must have
- A strong interest in open-source, and the philosophy of open-source applied to work in general,
- +2 years of professional experience as a developer and knowledge of several languages,
- Ability to work in English, orally and in writing.
- Nice to have
- Ideally, a former experience as team manager and/or technical lead,
- Experience in creating tools for other developers
- Experience with tech community and open source in general
Why you'll enjoy working with us:
- Permanent full-time contract,
- We strongly value the wellness of our employees and are committed to making MeiliSearch a benevolent place to work (attention to work-life balance, 3 month paid parental leave, 4 day work week),
- We are open to fully remote applications, as long as you are between GMT-4 and GMT+2 time zones.
- Please send us your resume and a quick note of why you might be a good fit for this job. Don't hesitate to have a look at our LinkedIn page, as well as our Meet the Team page (under construction), and Values page.
- If your profile fits, our HR will contact you for a video call to get to know you a bit better (who you are, your background & ambitions, company culture & company ambition): 1h. If it doesn't fit you will get an email from us.
- You will meet the current Integration Team manager as well as Quentin, co-founder and CEO (1h video call)
- Our HR will conduct a reference check to confirm your past experiences - don't hesitate to send her the contact of one or two people you have worked with in the past, ideally a former manager.
- You will meet the team members of the Integrations Team, Charlotte and Am?lie (1h video call).
MeiliSearch is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our open-source community.Summary
Company name: MeiliSearch
Remote job title: Integrations Team Lead
Job tags: Open source, Technical Lead, Team Management, Search Engine, SDK